We've been OK'd for a Kickstarter project to bring our BASIC to the Arduino Zero family of boards.
Kickstarter page, so check it out, we have a range of rewards available, most will bundle a Zero board with our BASIC. But you can also be part of the beta testers if you have an existing board, and get a copy of the firmware.
Here are the steps to load BASIC onto a Zero.
- First download and install our BASICtools IDE
- Next you need a tool to load binaries onto your Zero, We use the BOSSA app. Download and install that.
- Join the Kickstarter community, it will cost you a buck. And we will email you the latest BASIC firmware binary, and save that.
- Connect your Zero board to USB, and get it into download mode, by pushing the RESET button twice.
- Run the BOSSA app
- It should show you a serial port and select that.
- Select the binary file we sent you.
- Make sure you set the Flash offset to 0x2000
- Push the Write button.
- BASIC firmware is now installed, open BASICtools (there should be a shortcut on the desktop)
An overview of the features of our compiled BASIC
There is detailed documentation on the BASIC in the Help menu.