ProStart I/Os are scrambled

basically miscellaneous, if it doesn't fit another sub-forum enter it here, we might even promote it to its own sub-forum
ronr

ProStart I/Os are scrambled

Post by ronr »

I bought several ProStart boards all at one time. All tested good except one - the input pins all sense high and low voltage (except for the open-collector ones) but the IO number that changes does not correspond to the correct physical pin, as all the other boards do. Is there a way to re-burn the firmware for the "basic chip" on the ProStart board? Or is something else really messed-up in that chip? Thanks for any advice.

basicchip

Re: ProStart I/Os are scrambled

Post by basicchip »

Hi Ron-

Does the welcome message say it is for the BASICchip? I am wondering if a board in stock had the wrong firmware or an older version. It should report 8.40b as the version.

Here is that firmware, which you can load by copying into the directory where BASICtools is (usually /Program Files (x86)/Coridium

When you start BASICtools it will see that and should a firmware update menu to the Tools menu.

Here is that firmware, and an testIO routine, I just ran on that firmware.
BC0840.hex
(40.06 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
testIO.bas
(538 Bytes) Downloaded 341 times

ronr

Post by ronr »

Hi Bruce,
The original firmware was the correct version, but I reloaded the firmware anyway and reloaded my test program, and I find the same situation of scrambled IOs. On closer examination of the board, I see that the "bad" board has a different silk-screen on it. The board's back side says "REV 3", like all the others, but most of the silk-screened numbers next to the pins are different. For example, the pin normally labeled "7" is labeled "4" on the bad board. So now I think that board is some kind of odd-ball version and cannot be made to act like a "normal" ProStart board. Am I right?

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

Sorry for the mixup Ron, I should use a bigger pen when marking BAD, we keep them around for other experimentation, though really it's very few.

I'll send out a couple replacements next week.

ronr

Post by ronr »

I received them on 9 Dec. Both tested good. Thank you very much.