Stacking Arduino Shields

basically miscellaneous, if it doesn't fit another sub-forum enter it here, we might even promote it to its own sub-forum
basicchip

Re: Stacking Arduino Shields

Post by basicchip »

There is a DXF file in the Schematics directory and various posts here in the forum about utilities to read that.

With the exception of the oddball Arduino 8 pin connector all others are on 0.1" centers.

danlee58

Post by danlee58 »

I downloaded JetCam (http://www.jetcam.com/free-cad-viewer.htm ), and I found the locations for the Power Connections & RESn, but the LoadC Jumper is vertical in the DXF, but on my SuperPro board, the Jumper is horizontal.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

You must have installed that connector, you can bend it up or replace it if need be.

danlee58

Post by danlee58 »

The DXF file that I have is for a SuperPro 5.0. My unit says Rev 7. There must be a difference between the location of the LoadC jumper on those versions.

danlee58

Post by danlee58 »

Here is a photo of the Adafruit Alphanumeric Display.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

P2.10 or IO(74) is the pin that needs to be held low to enter ISP mode. It is located in the same place for all revs 5 and later in the Arduino connection area. The location of this hole is the one you should use.

In addition there is a 2 pin spot that includes P2.10 and GND so that people not using the Coridium USB dongle can connect a 2 pin header there for loading C programs. The location of this 2 pin header has moved around on the various versions.

P2.10 is also connected to pin 5 often through a resistor to pin 5 on the USB dongle connection.

danlee58

Post by danlee58 »

Although the Adafruit display works with the USB Mini-b connector, it appears that my connecting cable doesn't have the 5th wire(ID). My Logic switch that I need to implement doesn't connect through the cable.

I have some RJ-45 Jacks. I'll order some breakout boards from SparkFun. I need to maintain a small elevation to clear the housing for this device.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

How about to keep moving forward get a flat-cable 5x2 connector. I have a well stocked lab and keep those around, I believe Radio Shack may still carry them. Or use an old floppy/hard drive cable from a dead PC. Seems like you have 5 pin headers at maybe both ends.

There are crimp style connectors that are single row 5 pins, I can't remember the part #s but I think the manuf is Molex, surely Amp as well but finding one of theirs would be a challenge. You might start board to wire connectors in Digikey.

danlee58

Post by danlee58 »

I have used 4 & 6 pin Molex connectors, but they were all Crimp wire type. I need to connect to a 0.1" 5 pin header. I ordered some RJ45 breakouts from Sparkfun. I use the same board on either end of the cable, so I can use 5 center pins of the 8 pin RJ45, and as long as the RJ45 jack clears my housing, I should be OK. No need for any more modifications.

danlee58

Post by danlee58 »

Here is the display in the housing with the logical switch & the RJ45 jack.