BASIC compiler for ARM

Description of your first forum.
RChadwick

Re: BASIC compiler for ARM

Post by RChadwick »

olzeke51 wrote:@RChadwick - maybe you need a new browser - the home page says "BASIC compilers for $5" -BIG letters - across the top!!
If a person is looking for a product - a rollover the product tab shows "compilers" AND a list of 5 devices that are not produced by Coridium!!!
ONE rollover!!!
Man....
I did notice that after you pointed it out. I thought maybe I was wrong. I tried clicking on it. Nothing. I click on 'Products' , since that would be where I would expect to find the compilers, and I get "Product Directory', and things like an 'ARM BASIC CHIP', and an ARM BASIC BOARD', and now I'm thinking these are like BASIC STAMPS, tied to proprietary boards. Looking more, I can't find where the compilers are. If I cared, I'd have to look back in this thread to find the link. Again, I'm actively looking for it. I even KNOW it's there somewhere, as I saw it earlier. I'm TRYING to find it, and I can't. I don't think there's actually a link to the compiler page. If there is one, I missed it.

I use Firefox, and block scripts. A GOOD Web developer takes things like this into account, as well as colors, text visibility, screen width, browser, and even browser version.

If you had bad body odor, would you want to know? It might be painful to hear, but most would want to know. I hope my advice is received well, but to each their own.

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 »

I see part of your issue -- I did a 'rollover' on the 'product' the tab and it showed the compilers for the other products.
If I 'click' on products - those disappear.
a link to the demo/eval would be helpful.
if you 'click' on tech support - you will find a link near the top that will download the demo/eval software.
It is good for checking out the syntax & structure of the ARMbasic product. It can do basic I/O , not a/d and such.
(though you could fake the data in the subroutine calls).
This reminds me of RVKbasic that was on the scene for Atmel chips - BEFORE Arduino took over.
RobotBasic is tied to a product also for it to be useful -- haven't found a way to use it for a 'generic' robot
[I guess that is where the big boy ROS comes in!!]
HTH - Gary
'
ARM chips are not the easiest to get into - look at the MBED effort, IAR & Kiel, Coocox (I think it still is going).
Big IDEs and changes(mbed 5 now - more of an IoT focus)
Micromint made a Bambino 210e - similar to Coridium's Datalogger -- and they couldn't get mbed-cert --- mbed kept changing!!

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

No need to get flaming here.

I added a compiler line to the product directory page. That is a good suggestion. Still have to fix mouse over.

Many of the questions you asked are answered in the help files, which takes some navigating, otherwise the index page would be 600 pages long.

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 »

the pulldown menu is looking good
but my thought (and maybe RChadwick's) was to have a link to "setupBasic.exe" so that the demo was more visible.
Gary

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

OK put a link and message about it on that front page.