Drivers Win7 for LPC11U37 "kickstarter version"

Description of your first forum.
basicchip

Re: Drivers Win7 for LPC11U37 "kickstarter version"

Post by basicchip »

Can you do a ctrl print_screen and post or send that? Either email or post here by attaching file

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

The error message means the serial connection was closed, which should not happen now.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

I just ran through the reload options and I don't see ser-close in red anywhere which would cause the channel to become ""

The only way I see that is with a RESET button.

I need to know how you got the serial port to close, meaning what sequence of operations, or a screen short will help.

To get around it you can always reselect the Comxx port before recompile.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

I can't duplicate channel named "" error in Win10.

My guess is that you disconnected the board and reconnected. Windows does not create an event Tcl can see when that happens. We just get an error when we try to read the re-connected serial port. Sometimes we can flag that as USB disconnected (our code is making an assumption when we try to read it and get an error).

If you disconnect a board and re-connect you have to re-open the serial port by choosing the Comxx in Options->Ser Port

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

Teensy support

I just updated BASICtools (version 6.06) to switch between Teensy and ARM stamp. The issue is in the registry all the values we see are the same between the 2 different types of serial ports. So the user has to choose Control between Normal and Teensy 3.2

But the choice is now sticky (meaning it is remembered between sessions).

We do support Teensy 3.0 and 3.1 though other than eBay you can't buy them anymore. Teensy 3.1 and Teensy 3.2 are software compatible.

TodWulff

Post by TodWulff »

FYSA, I confirm that Win7 Pro X64 doesn't auto-resolve the drivers for the LPC11U37 ARMstamps.

I just installed the NXP driver installer (linked to on earlier pages - lpc_driver_setup.exe).

Same worked well and enabled connectivity with production ARMstamps from BT, and otherwise.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

Chris ran into the same issue on the micro:bit and resolved Win7 64 as ---

The recent version of the Coridium ARM compiler, BasicTools, installed smoothly on my Win7 64 bit laptop.

However, Win7 is noted for not having built-in USB to serial drivers. I went on a fruitless search to get details of how to install Microsoft's USBSER driver, as there was no 'other devices' tab in my Device Manager.

By luck, I stumbled on the 'mbed' site, hosted by Lancaster University, who wrote much of the ARM software for the micro:bit. I installed their standalone driver for Win7 micro:bit 'USB to serial', found at:
https://os.mbed.com/docs/mbed-os/v6.7/p ... river.html

The result was 'mbed serial port com 5' created and instant success talking to the micro:bit through BasicTools!
I ran several test examples provide by Coridium, all downloaded and worked perfectly.