Drivers Win7 for LPC11U37 "kickstarter version"

Description of your first forum.
basicchip

Re: Drivers Win7 for LPC11U37 "kickstarter version"

Post by basicchip »

Are you running a 64 or 32 bit version of Win7? I am running Win7 64 bit Enterprise version.

Maybe jepalza will tell us how he installed the driver.

At this point until i can find someone around here with a Win7 system. I am just guessing.

jepalza

Post by jepalza »

robots42 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:41 pm
I am the guy from England.
I am running Win-7 Service Pack-1
I just tried 'update driver software' for the VCOM entry and pointed windows to the folder D:\Coridium\Win7_USBSER which is the unpacked Win7_USBSER.zip
Got the message
'Windows could not find driver software for your device'.
you need to do it "by hand", with the windows option to install by disk. That way, it gives you the option to choose a folder, instead of allowing it to do so automatically.

This is how I have done it, and it works, it detects it as "56k modem", but, as I mention in my previous message, it sometimes disconnects and gives an error. Another better option is necessary.

Steps are: (sorry, only in spanish, because my Windows is from spain)
-botón derecho sobre VCOM
-actualizar controlador
-buscar controlador en el equipo
-elegir desde una lista
-mostrar todos los dispositivos
-usar disco --> then, here, look for your drivers

jepalza

Post by jepalza »

ok, the problem is windows 7, I have tested in windows 10, and has detected the first time, as VCOM. No problem, and it works well.

But in windows 7 x64 SP1 "without updating" (important note), it does not work well, the COM port is disconnected many times.

My win7 is not updated, because I use it exclusively for programming several systems (fpga xilinx, arm, arduino, coridium), and I do not want a bad update from Microsoft,andI expose a serious error to the system, and everything I have installed stops working (it is not the first time that windows is updated, and something fails and there is no way to go back).

I'm reading on the NXP page but the solution they give, does not work, which is to install the FTDI drivers from the official website.

Looking for another solution..... :idea:

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

I found an NXP LPClink2 board, and it also uses a USB_SER connection. NXP published a driver update utility for this and I have loaded that to our site. I would only use this for Win7.

https://coridium.us/files/lpc_driver_setup.exe

jepalza

Post by jepalza »

basicchip wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:56 pm
I found an NXP LPClink2 board, and it also uses a USB_SER connection. NXP published a driver update utility for this and I have loaded that to our site. I would only use this for Win7.

https://coridium.us/files/lpc_driver_setup.exe
Did probe it: Windows found my device with this drivers, and detect it how "LPC USB VCom Port (COM13)", but BASICTools said me: "no serial devices are connected..."
This step is very good, Windows see my device, but, not basictools :(

edit: with several try and error (power off win7, change USB port, or even, change COM PORT for another free available), did make to run BASICTools again, with this LPC new drivers. But any times, com port goes off, and BASICTools said me that "comxx not available". At this point, power off Windows, and then on again, and all run again. Is not stable.
But nothing is less, at least, can program it.

robots42

Post by robots42 »

jepalza wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:29 pm
you need to do it "by hand", with the windows option to install by disk. That way, it gives you the option to choose a folder, instead of allowing it to do so automatically.
That is what I did.

nik282000

Post by nik282000 »

I have had success with W10 and Linux but I have yet to get W7 to work.

The following is wrong.
When first plugged in W7 sees the LPC11U37 as 2 devices "USB Composite Device" and an unknown device under Ports. Installing the FDTI drivers and then manually choosing them using "Browse my PC for software" I am able to get the LPC11U37 to be recognized as VCOM(COM3), a USB com port. However from there on BASICtools are unable to talk to the device giving the error "Com3 Not Available." I have tried this on a PC as well as in a VM (whose host and other VMs can use the LPC11U37) and had the same results.

In both the PC and the VM I am using W7 SP1, on the VM it was a clean install with no other software installed so I doubt this is a conflict with some other common device. It looks like its possible to run a VM of an OS that works with W7 as the host and still communicate, might be a quick workaround for anyone who needs it.
Last edited by nik282000 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

The USB serial adapter we use does use an FTDI device.

but the ARM Stamp DOES NOT use an FTDI device, so any trying to link to that driver would most likely cause issues.

The ARM Stamp reports as a USB_SER device and expects a Microsoft driver. This is what I see on my Win 7 machine.

driver1.jpg
driver1.jpg (72.91 KiB) Viewed 21449 times

jepalza

Post by jepalza »

Same for me, exactly, same version and date.
but in my system, sometimes, when you have to record the program, it gives port error and it disconnects, and I must restart windows. It can be my windows failure, because I have many different programming units, like TEENSY, ARDUINO, XILINX (by JTAG and by USB_SERIE, like the "Papilio").
Perhaps, too many devices installed, and each with its drivers, that collide with each other.

jepalza

Post by jepalza »

nik282000 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:19 pm
....However from there on BASICtools are unable to talk to the device giving the error "Com3 Not Available."
Just like me., it's the mistake that I get from time to time