Drivers Win7 for LPC11U37 "kickstarter version"

Description of your first forum.
basicchip

Re: Drivers Win7 for LPC11U37 "kickstarter version"

Post by basicchip »

Error: cannot find channel named ""
I have seen certain times when Windows did not release serial ports when closed, that seems to have gone away on Win10 or 8. But may still be an issue with early or un-updated Win 7.

Not sure why you would run TclTerm and BASICtools at the same time, they would definately conflict with each other.

BASICtools 6.02d was posted about 6 AM PST this morning.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

The other thing is what is this error message supposed to mean?
A screen shot would really help me see why this occurred and is why I added debug messages into BASICtools 6.02d. You can email me the image. I usually Ctrl-Print-Screen, then open Paint, Paste, then crop the important area.

jepalza

Post by jepalza »

I believe that my LPC is dead. It never connects. Now, it does not connect in windows 10 either, when yesterday it did. I believe that so many tests have done something to him, and it does not communicate. Windows detects it well, but neither the BASIC nor the C connect, they always say error in COM port. I have not managed to connect any time in the whole day. :(

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

I have never been able to brick a part since some early versions were fixed.

You can always get the part back into mBed mode by disconnecting from USB, shorting pins 3 and 4 (there is a white box around those on the silk screen).

Then plug it in and on Windows it will show up as a disk drive, usually with a label CRP DISABLED and 1 file firmware.bin.

Delete that firmware.bin file, and copy the following file onto that disk drive.

https://coridium.us/files/BASIC11u37_38c.bin

Remove jumper disconnect and reconnect and it will be running BASIC again

robots42

Post by robots42 »

basicchip wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:11 pm
A screen shot would really help me see why this occurred and is why I added debug messages into BASICtools 6.02d. You can email me the image. I usually Ctrl-Print-Screen, then open Paint, Paste, then crop the important area.
I have not yet figured out how to reproduce the event. It is not something to do with the Basic code, it is something to do with attempting to load/run the code. Other times the Basic code runs fine.
If there is a separate window for debug messages for the BASICtools code please advise on how to do that.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

The debug message show up in red in the BASICtools window. I think I just stumbled upon one of the errors. I just refreshed the Serial Ports, and then tried to compile a program. Refresh use to leave a COM port open, now it does not and then fails.

The work around until I fix this is to select the Com port after a refresh. This is the kind of thing I would want to see
refreshbug.jpg
refreshbug.jpg (41.18 KiB) Viewed 20333 times

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

I have fixed the serial com error robots42 and most likely jepalza reported. These bugs show that I always do things a certain way, and someone else might not do it that way.

Windows can still get confused, opening and closing and having multiple copies of the program open, such that you may need to disconnect the USB connection and close all the Coridium programs and start over.

New versions of setupBASIC and setupC posted. you can just install them, they overwrite the existing programs. This is version 6.03d

jepalza

Post by jepalza »

basicchip wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:46 pm
I have never been able to brick a part since some early versions were fixed.

You can always get the part back into mBed mode by disconnecting from USB, shorting pins 3 and 4 (there is a white box around those on the silk screen).

Then plug it in and on Windows it will show up as a disk drive, usually with a label CRP DISABLED and 1 file firmware.bin.

Delete that firmware.bin file, and copy the following file onto that disk drive.

https://coridium.us/files/BASIC11u37_38c.bin

Remove jumper disconnect and reconnect and it will be running BASIC again
YES!! :P
This was the fault. My unit was "bricked". The "firmware.bin" file was 128kb in size, but the "new" firmware file is only 15k. At some point in the tests, some failed and the unit did not complete the programming, leaving this lost "at the edges of the hyperspace" :lol:

Now is running again.

I has installed the new 6.03D

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 »

RE: . bin size
I have noticed that after any programming, the firmware.bin file size goes upto 128k
I ASSUME since some variables and such are in high flash memory- that explains it!!

robots42

Post by robots42 »

basicchip wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:11 pm
I am running 6.03d.
BASICtools indicates /BLINKY_DB.bas and Com27
I have still sometimes got the 'can't find channel' message on Open or Reload
see below

Analyzing C:/Coridium/Examples/BLINKY_DB.bas
get addresses

can not find channel named ""
can not find channel named ""
while executing
"fileevent $::ser_port $whatevent $action"
(procedure "serialevent" line 5)
invoked from within