Drivers Win7 for LPC11U37 "kickstarter version"

Description of your first forum.
jepalza

Drivers Win7 for LPC11U37 "kickstarter version"

Post by jepalza »

Hello, just today I received my picbasic LPC11U37 version "kickstarter" (with port jtag), but when connecting it, it does not install the "drivers" FTDI. According to the instructions, it is not necessary to install anything, because windows recognizes it as a simple serial unit, but in which windows? Windows 7 does not install drivers, and only puts "VCOM"
(using google translator, sorry if there are errors, i'm from Spain)

basicchip

Re: Drivers Win7 for LPC11U37 "kickstarter version"

Post by basicchip »

You are the second person to report this, the first was in England. On my XP system it was recognized right away as a USBSER device by Microsoft. On my Win7 machine it was also recognized, but that system had many other drivers installed for other devices.

According to posts on Microsoft site USBSER support is built in to Win8 and Win10, but there is conflicting information about earlier versions of Windows.

Looking on my Win 7 machine the driver appears to be from Service Pack 1 for Win7. Try doing an update with the board installed, Windows may recognize the issue and install the driver.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

I asked that user in England a couple questions, but never got a reply, so I don't know if he got it working. Another user seems to remember it not working at first, but then working later.

edit: BELOW is ONLY good for 64 bit versions of WIN 7, otherwise use https://coridium.us/files/lpc_driver_setup.exe

If that doesn't work, try updating the driver from the files in this zip, taken from my Win7 DriverStore FileRepository
Win7_USBSER.zip
(63.92 KiB) Downloaded 661 times

jepalza

Post by jepalza »

Well, with those drivers, it detects it as "Abocom DSB-560 USB V.90 56k Fax Modem" and then, BASICTools recognizes as COMxx port and everything seems to work, but when I execute a simple example (BLINKY.BAS), shortly after Start puts:

Code: Select all

xecuting ...

Welcome to ARMbasic Kernel [8.37] with Floating Point Copyright 2017, Coridium Corp.
   for the LPC11U37

Personal use copy for Beta Testing
Commercial customers contact Coridium for licensing

Fault at & H4000

push STOP to continue
I'll do more tests, see if I find the error.

Thaks for your fast answer.

jepalza

Post by jepalza »

Second try. I have removed the drivers, and I have tried again, now, when executing an example, it puts this:

Code: Select all

toggleReset

Analyzing C:/PROGRA~2/Coridium/Examples/COUNTER.bas
get addresses
stopButton
toggleReset
 <= done

bpp.exe -DLPC11U37 -I"C:/PROGRA~2/Coridium/Examples" -I"C:/Users/joseba/Documents/Coridium/BASIClib" "C:/PROGRA~2/Coridium/Examples/COUNTER.bas" >C:/Users/joseba/AppData/Local/Temp/Coridium/COUNTER.bpp
Compiling C:/Users/joseba/AppData/Local/Temp/Coridium/COUNTER.bpp

done
Programming Flash *
done
And then an error window appears that says "lost communication with ARM CPU"

EDIT: I already know what the error is, the communication speed MUST be 115200
All correct now :D
I'm playing with it

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

While I am glad it is working, still a bit mysterious. The port should show up as Comxx, from BASICtools.

I think your changing the baud rate resets the connection, as the actual baud rate is ignored by the Stamp, it is never really converted to a serial signal.

jepalza

Post by jepalza »

Yes, BASICTools show me "COM13", it's correct, but it's necessary to specify Baud rate to 115200 it order to get it runnning. By default, the first time, it's getting 19200
Don't worry about me, all good now, is the important thing.

robots42

Post by robots42 »

I am the guy from England.
I am running Win-7 Service Pack-1
I just tried 'update driver software' for the VCOM entry and pointed windows to the folder D:\Coridium\Win7_USBSER which is the unpacked Win7_USBSER.zip
Got the message
'Windows could not find driver software for your device'.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

Thanks for the feedback, It should really show as Com13 not COM13.

Setting the higher baud rate does introduce a delay in the turn around while programming the part, and that is probably important. I am going to update setupBASIC.exe to reflect that and some other minor changes.

jepalza

Post by jepalza »

basicchip wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:11 pm
Thanks for the feedback, It should really show as Com13 not COM13.
Well, COM13 is for google traslate. I'm writing in spanish into google, and then copy/paste the result.

I has another problem, com port goes out in several times, when i'm programming, and it's neccesary to power off my pc, in order to get it again.
This driver, maybe, is not the best solution, it is for modem 56k, not for NXP , does you know any option?