Just got a Coridium PROStart board and some questions

Description of your first forum.
unebonnevie

Just got a Coridium PROStart board and some questions

Post by unebonnevie »

I just got one and can't find documentation on C6, R1, R2, & R3, that is, their values. The schematic on the Coridium site does not help and is very old. I assume C6 goes to the top open read-to-solder pad just below the 't' of the word "PROStart" on the board? And what is the area with the 10 soldering pads, just the below R3? Where can I get the battery connector? There is an opening space for the battery. thanks!

basicchip

Re: Just got a Coridium PROStart board and some questions

Post by basicchip »

Here is a diagram showing part locations. C6 R1-3 are not loaded and normally not needed. They are marked on the silkscreen but offset to the left to clear the JTAG connector. The schematic is up to date, it was designed in 2012 and has not changed.
PROstart.jpg
PROstart.jpg (230.5 KiB) Viewed 16859 times
R1 is and additional pullup on the reset line, and C6 would extend that reset time. In practice neither are needed. R2 and R3 are pullups for the Serial Wire debug which are also not needed even when using a JTAG connection (which is the 10 pads you mention).

The battery connectors use to be available at SparkFun and mate to their batteries, but now are available from Digikey as well as others

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/731