SuperPro CON2

Question about power
danlee58

SuperPro CON2

Post by danlee58 »

I am powering a SuperPro through the input marked 7V with a preregulated 7.5V supply. I am using a lot of 5 Volt power. Do I need a jumper to J16-2?
I can power the board through the USB for programming & debugging, but when I power it through the 7V input alone, the board stays reset. I can't find the CON2 to add a jumper.

brucee
Site Admin

Re: SuperPro CON2

Post by brucee »

I never heard of a regulated 7.5V supply, but I guess they could exist, more likely it is just a nominal 7.5V DC output transformer.

If the board is in reset, something must be pulling reset low, what else do you have connected?

Also do you really see 5V on the Arduino power connector (it would be generated by the on board 5V regulator from the 7.5 volt input)?

danlee58

Re: SuperPro CON2

Post by danlee58 »

It' an adjustable DC-to-DC converter. I have it set to 7.5 Volts.

I have found my problem. I used to have 1/4" insulated standoffs to support the SuperPro board, but I added some LEDs to the device. As a result, I needed to remove the standoffs, and use nylon washers, screws. and nuts. The nylon washers didn't allow enough clearance between the aluminum box and the bottom of the SuperPro board, because of the tails of the headers that hang below the board. This caused a short somewhere. I have raised the board by adding a nylon nut on top of the nylon washer. It seems to have fixed the problem. I won't know for sure until I can get 4 more nylon nuts to secure the SuperPro board. Then I will reassemble the box and try it again. I believe that there was no damage done.