SuperPRO as a component

Post details of your projects here.
basicchip

SuperPRO as a component

Post by basicchip »

We use various of our boards for building both prototypes and low volume controllers. Here is another example of one of customers doing the same with a SupePRO.
SuperProwithPins.jpg
SuperProwithPins.jpg (86.68 KiB) Viewed 8902 times

basicchip

Re: SuperPRO as a component

Post by basicchip »

One of the advantages of the Arduino form factor is the availability of shields including project boards. I picked up a SchmartShield at Fry's and added a DS1023. A DS1023 is a programmable delay element. It was used to measure setup and hold times for an SPI device that I had to characterize.

So sure I could have found some National Instruments device, and eventually figured out how to setup the program. But a hour of wiring and maybe 50 lines of BASIC code and tada... a tunable delay element for SCLK vs MOSI/MISO measurements.
delayBRD.jpg
delayBRD.jpg (202.97 KiB) Viewed 8899 times

AMDlloydsp

Re: SuperPRO as a component

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Bruce,
Let me amp that up. Our projects are almost all "one-offs", so we often don't etch a board for the 'main board', choosing rather to mount the parts on perf-board and wire-wrap or do point-to-point soldering.

That said, we use the SuperPro as a plug-in 'component' on many assemblies. It's a SUPER component! <G>

Lloyd