Swiss Army knife

Post details of your projects here.
basicchip

Swiss Army knife

Post by basicchip »

I'm often asked what do you do with a micro controller? I struggle with an answer as it is basically everything these days. There is hardly a piece of electronics anymore that doesn't have one and usually more micros in it. With prices below 50 cents it is just another component. So the title for this thread was coined by one of our users who has been using SuperPROs in robotic controllers. I'll post some of the more out of the ordinary projects here.

basicchip

Re: Swiss Army knife

Post by basicchip »

>one from a user in the field. I know he is working on rotary engine control and liked working in BASIC but needed the speed of a compiled solution. I look forward to some of his future projects.

This is a $20 Coridium ProStart ARM computer.

Counts the number of preprogrammed turns and stops
while you set up a new coil. A tap on the foot pedal
starts winding again. One uses their hands to control
how the layers are woundfor the time being.

Just got it done.
winder.jpg
winder.jpg (165.67 KiB) Viewed 9013 times
Paul

The Rotary Engine News Letter. Powered by Linux.
ACRE NL web site. http://www.rotaryeng.net
You Tube http://tinyurl.com/beqqxas
Copyright 1998-2014 All world wide rights reserved.

AMDlloydsp

Re: Swiss Army knife

Post by AMDlloydsp »

This is the turret of a multi-station rotary press making explosive devices (not ammunition).

This is one of five components in the system containing SuperPro boards. A multiplicity of tasks including materials weighing, sizing, mixing, depositing, and collating for storage is done by the processors, with one reserved for overseeing all the other processors. Commo is by RS232.

The box at the bottom contains a SuperPro and a 'mother board' with many SSRs and twenty air valves. All the apparatus is sealed and pressurized during operation to prevent intrusion of explosive dusts.

Lloyd
DSCN1302.jpg
DSCN1302.jpg (172.7 KiB) Viewed 9010 times