LPC812 status

Post details of your projects here.
basicchip

LPC812 status

Post by basicchip »

>from info line
>I was wondering if you have a price tag worked out for the LPC812 board yet. How much would a special version of the discussed below? I’m trying to create an easy to use low cost 1-wire device logger system that is field programmable. So perhaps loading a config file on the SD card, serial command setup, or have it smart enough to decide what to do.

There is a great deal of overlap in the NXP line, and the LPC824 ups the memory for a very small price delta that the LPC812 may never become a product. But a proto version of the LPC824 is on its way to us that is the same size board and is aimed to connect to the ESP8266. The price on that may be about $12. We still have about 30 LPC812 boards to give away.

>Also, I’m interested in any info you have in regards of power consumption. Can these boards go into a low power sleep mode and wake up every minute or so to take a reading using the BASIC OS? I haven’t done any power consumption tests yet on the LPC812.

The power numbers are pretty low for the LPC812 (around 2 ma, details in NXP specs). BASIC can access all the registers and even call ROM routines, so it is possible to put the part into a low power state to wake up with the alarm function or a pin transition. We have not written an example, but details are in the NXP User Manual.

basicchip

Re: LPC812 status

Post by basicchip »

PS
How much would a special version of the discussed below?
Custom design really is our business. The answer depends on volume, if you can take 100 boards, it typically makes sense for us to do a custom version. Other than that we can quote a time and materials bid, or sometimes if it looks like something we would like to have in our catalog we have done that in the past, like the RS232 based SuperPRO or the BASICchip-LCD-Xbee combo. We don't offer single unit pricing of these, but have done as few as 10 though we like to see more.