79000 LED Controller Board

Post details of your projects here.
JamesJackson

Re: 79000 LED Controller Board

Post by JamesJackson »

RE: That file was a couple posts before in this thread.
Well... duuuh. Boy is my face red. I completely skipped over that reply. Didn't see it, until you pointed it out. Sheesh. (Been a long day here.) Thank you for the polite reply.

RE: Looks like you bought a version from the store too
Yeah. Went looking further, thinking it was something obvious. Figured $5.00 was worth looking into it. Not sure what to do with the .bin file. I'll keep it in a sub-directory - maybe someday I'll understand what it is for. <weak grin>

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not a really sharp programmer. I consider myself more of a 'hacker'.

Which reminds me... if any of you guys look at my code, go easy on me... I know I ain't a brilliant programmer, and there are more efficient ways to do things, but what I do works for me... and I have fun doing it.

Thanks again for your patience with me - and your help.

I need to go off now and see what it would take to revise my PCB to accept the 28-pin TSSOP package. I might re-spin a PCB to try it out.

TodWulff

Post by TodWulff »

JamesJackson wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:06 pm
...I guess I don't see how my I2C code will help you...
And, it doesn't, sadly. I had thought you were driving a 44780 based LCD with an i2c library that was wrapped around the PCF8574/A/T/AT. Cracking your code open, I see you're using a ST7036i, which isn't what I had assumed or hoped for. Oh well, seeing someone else's code style is, if nothing else, interesting, and I do appreciate that you endeavored to help. :D

TodWulff

Post by TodWulff »

JamesJackson wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:04 am
In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not a really sharp programmer. I consider myself more of a 'hacker'.

Which reminds me... if any of you guys look at my code, go easy on me... I know I ain't a brilliant programmer, and there are more efficient ways to do things, but what I do works for me... and I have fun doing it.
Brother, your coding style is very fine. I am the uber hack and I suspect that peeps who take a look at my code are like 'WTF is this dood doing here? I need some wine and French toast to go with the spaghetti.!.' The ab_math lib I cobbled together back in the day is a good example of that (that was when I was cutting teeth after being absent from the hobby for decades).

Having fun is what a hobby is all about. Keep on keepin on. Were here if ya need some help/ideas/etc. Also, if you make use of Telegram and are keen on it, there are a few of us who hang out on 'The AB Bois' channel - it is a small collection of old crusty effers (3 of us currently) that kick cans back and forth while walking down the road. You're welcome to join in, as is everyone else.

Take care and have a great night.

-t