315 Mhz RF Receiver and Transmitter pair

Questions on other types of hardware and getting it talking to the ARM CPU
Arnold113

315 Mhz RF Receiver and Transmitter pair

Post by Arnold113 »

Has anyone tried using these? I've got a pair, model MX-05V and MX-FS-03V, that I'm trying to use for a wireless remote LED display and push button station. I'm programing in basic but I have very little past experience in programing and no experience in the ARM SuperPro computer bd. Could someone help get me started in the right direction? Thanks Arnold

basicchip

Re: 315 Mhz RF Receiver and Transmitter pair

Post by basicchip »

These things just keep getting cheaper, while I haven't used this particular one most operate about the same. They take an input and modulate that and send it to a receiver. At that end the signal is demodulated and re-created. That is in the best case, and ignores noise.

The easiest use is to a UART to send a serial command over the link. The SuperPRO is probably overkill for this, but would work. Basically one end sends out serial commands and the other end receives them. You can use TXD(0) and RXD(0) which goes to the PC to debug both ends of setup. Choose characters to send that are quite different so noise has less effect, ie. if you send A and B those are only 1 bit different and might be misinterpreted.

A first test you might run would be to check out the operation of the pair in the distance and locations you want to use them. Something like sending a stream of characters and checking them at the other end.

Arnold113

Post by Arnold113 »

Can I transmit and receive using the same micro computer or will I need to transmit on one and use another micro to receive. I ask this because, if I understand it right, doing a bbTXD all bytes are shifted out but the cpu is tied up until all bytes are transmitted. How can I do a bbRXD and receive data that has already finished being transmitted? What am I missing here? Do I need to start the bbRXD first, as it does not tie up the cpu, and then start the bbTXD? Thanks

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

If you are using a SuperPRO, you have 4 UARTs, it would be better to use them than bit-banged routines.

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 »

basicchip is onto something.
use baud(x), rxd(x),txd(x) for one - either input or output
then use baud(n), rxd(n), txd(n) for the the other function
basically you are creating a (sort-of) loop back function - but using two channels of UART
TXD of sending connected to the RXD of the receiver.
this allows the cpu/rom routines to do the low level work.take care of timing etc.
'
this assumes you are debugging the initial setup to test your program.

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 »

well I got off my lazy butt and looked up the devices.
So , yes you would normally use two computers, one to transmit your data from
the other to receive the commands and perform the operations you sent.
'
you can use the SuperPro to do both functions - as I described in my previous post,
use two different BAUD(x)/RXD()/TXD() setups. for debugging purposes.
keep your transmitter voltage low so you don't overpower/BLOW out the receiver diodes !!!!
'
are you trying to control your bandsaw from a remote position, or the end/beginning of the feed line??

yellowman

Post by yellowman »

you can use the SuperPro to do both functions - as I described in my previous post,

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 »

seems something got lost - yellowman.

I was referring to test/debug setup to check out the communications. - using one SuperPro
eventually he will need two computers - one at the controlling machine end,
and then a portable device with a feedback display - most likely an LCD