datalogger quad-spifi

Questions on other types of hardware and getting it talking to the ARM CPU
olzeke51

datalogger quad-spifi

Post by olzeke51 »

I noticed on the datalogger schematic a quad-spifi chip - U3 - W25Q*NIG.
will there be basic routines to access this ?
in another post you made this statement - is it still valid? - it's not listed in the datalogger product page.
"We are working on a board that uses an LPC4330 with an external quad-SPI serial Flash, and there you will have 8M of Flash space."
Thanks - take your time
Olzeke51

basicchip

Re: datalogger quad-spifi

Post by basicchip »

The first 20 boards or so will have 8MB of SPIFI Flash, after that they will switch to 16MB. The 8MB parts seem to be going away.

We really have not documented what part of that we are using, but it is the low &H24000 (148K) for firmware and BASIC programs. Above that is a free fire zone for now. I have not tested the WRITE in BASIC, but I do know you have to write 4K at a time for now. It is the same routine used by firmware to write user programs, so if it is hooked up correctly it should work. FREAD may not be hooked up right, but the SPIFI is at &H14000000 and pointers into that space can access it.

olzeke51

Re: datalogger quad-spifi

Post by olzeke51 »

'
It seems that NXP is treating (quad)spifi as regular RAM. you can even run programs out of it
Haven't looked at what instructions will treat it as data or program (RDI??) yet.- 1400 pages is a lot of reading !!!
Now if I could just put the *.pdf file under my pilllow and 'absorb' it at night .
'
thanks for the memory layout info - GaryZ