Coming soon an LPC11U37 board

What products would you like to see?
basicchip

Re: Coming soon an LPC11U37 board

Post by basicchip »

Oops my bad, there is only one UART on this part (dealing with too many other ones right now), but multiple pins available for it.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

... but there is an IO handler, which though not well documented can emulate things like extra UARTs, DMA ...

Too bad they don't document it, because it is a powerful little beastie, kind of like someone elses COG.

JamesJackson

Post by JamesJackson »

I am sorry, but I am going to have to be placed in the 'huh? Why?' crowd.

I used BS-2's for a project, and they are great - don't get me wrong, but I found the Coridium chip (LPC1114) that ran a form of BASIC, I never went back. I realize it is not pin compatible, but since I am doing my own PCB layouts, that is a moot point. A few extra pins? Not an issue. Commands not quite the same as the BS-2? Not an issue.

$10.00 vs $25.00 - well... since my product is cost-sensitive, that IS an issue.

I looked at the Kickstarter campaign, and ... well... am still undecided if I will purchase one. If I did, it would only be to encourage the individual, and hopefully make his campaign successful. Not because I would ever consider using the LPC11U37 version of the BS-2.

Regards,

James Jackson
Oztronics

P.S. If you were to ever release just the chip - with a version of BASIC pre-burned into it, where I could solder it onto boards of my own design, and market it for sub-$10 - (I am thinking somewhere near $5.00) - THEN you'd get my attention.

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

Well you didn't hear it from me but the LPC1114 in the DIP package has become un-obtainium. I have a stock that will last another year or so, but after that it may not be around as a DIP (TSOP yes).

When sold as part of our board or BASIC chip it has been FREE for any use. For many years we have offered a license of the BASIC for commercial use, for instance if you want to design it into your own PCB. That license has scaled steps with $500 for 100 units, up to an unlimited license. We will continue to do that on any or all of the chips we support. In one case we even ported to a chip we had not been supporting as part of the licensing.

So fear not, we hear you. I don't really know what the final price will be, it depends on volume. I'd actually love it if Shenzhen were to copy it. Then we would make money on consulting and changes to BASIC. You can contribute as little as $1 to the kickstarter (actually the 2nd backer did that).

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

DOUBLE WOOHOO

the kickstarter project has funded, so we are off to the races. I'll be starting an initial build next week after some protos of the final layout come in.

Thank you all for your support, you guys put me over the top.

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 »

Glad to see this 'fly'...
??what does the $35 JTAG version come with in regards to controlling software??
would that be an mbed loader interface??
Tnx, Olzeke51

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

You can dump variables, and access the monitor thru STOP to look at any memory or registers in BASIC now. Tying the JTAG into BASIC would be a huge undertaking, with I think very little payback.

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 »

1) How much current is available on the 3.3v pin??
'
2) the 6 pin solder tabs on the top of the board,
is that for SWD ?? (I see the 10 pin on the bottom)
'
TIA, GaryZ

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

The AP2210 will start cutting out after about 300 mA. The LPC11U37 takes typically 15 mA, plus whatever current you are sourcing from the pins. So whatever is left over would be available. We don't negotiate with the USB for power, but most modern PCs seem happy below 500mA.

We deleted the serial pins from the final version, it is not real cost effective to use this as a USB-serial converter, though it could be.

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 »

Happy New Year! (belated) :oops:

Kickstarter update #17 from Bruce, on Jan 4 made this post:
"I shipped all the 5-packs and individual ARM stamp boards today. The versions with JTAG header will go out next week.

You probably noticed our website make-over. Most is working there now. We also updated the BASIC and C tools. You can find those in either Shop->software or linked from the Help page. Part of that update to the tools allows C programs to be compiled on top of the BASIC firmware, and when we document it (in a future blog) you will be able to mix BASIC and C programs.

'
Just thought everyone should know - looks like the year is off to a good start! :)