NPP Editor User Defined Language

Questions about the BASICtools and MakeItC
TodWulff

NPP Editor User Defined Language

Post by TodWulff »

I've attached a UDL file for Notepad Plus Plus (NPP). I'm currently using v7.5.8 x64. Feel free to make use of it.

You can import it via the menus: language>define your language - select import and drill down to the .xml in the attached. I recommend backing up your current instance of NPP, just in case.

Themes are like, um, opinions (we all have them and they don't often appeal to the masses). So yeah, I have a gray background, with comments dimmed (a bit darker shade of gray), etc. The more important element is the work put into the language definition (keywords, folders, operators, etc.). It's all therein and customizable to our likings.

I offer it up, just in case it might be of use to someone else. Here is a pic of the UI (https://i.imgur.com/Ov6EtfI.png):

Enjoy.

-t
Attachments
NPP_ARMbasic_UserDefineLanguge.7z
NPP User Defined Language config file
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 681 times

TodWulff

Re: NPP Editor User Defined Language

Post by TodWulff »

I've also crafted a custom functionList.xml file that enables one to navigate a larger AB source file somewhat easier:

One will need to copy the attached to either (or both, if you're like me and forget if you decided to make use of %appdata% or not) the root install directory for Notepad++, or the %appdata% folder for same (%userappdata%\Roaming\Notepad++).

To turn the function list on/off in NPP, make use of the function list button, or the View|Function List menu entry.

It is suggested that you rename the current functionList.xml file to 'stock_fuctionList.xml' or similar, so that if you wish to revert, it'll be easy to do so and not predicate a fresh install...
Attachments
functionList.xml
Adapted for use with ARMbasic
(64.5 KiB) Downloaded 378 times