BT.mbed aftermath

Questions about the BASICtools and MakeItC
olzeke51

BT.mbed aftermath

Post by olzeke51 »

1after doing the ArchPro process (see the Projects Forum) ----connected my Basic Chip- ProStart board
I now get a popup while loading BAsicChip program to do "Reset Button - Push reset (button) on the board , then OK "
several stops of BT and reloads, several disconnects on the USB with the appropriate WinXP ' ding-donks'.
1A this also happens when I do the BT <stop> button, while running a program
oh, ohhh - stop really doesn't work - tried to do a forced "Load program" and get a "program currently running" and then
"program is downloading" - just did an exit on BT
Had to manually set the Baud to 19.2K (understandable as the .ini saved it from the last ArchPro).
2But I also now get this display when I download my fake RTC event logger program:
Analyzing C:/Coridium/Basic.mbd2/Examples/Bchip_event_logger07.bas
Programming Flash 1114 Manual...
ARMbasic[9.34f] on the PC Copyright 2014, Coridium Corp.
*+*#+*#+*+
... ( 2.16K code + 0.64K const)/20K 1.64/2K data programmed

/// program runs okay - but I can't sstop it !!!
// exited out of BT
loaded BLINKY.bas - it ran , but couldn't stop it in the middle of the program - got "reset popup window"

olzeke51

Re: BT.mbed aftermath

Post by olzeke51 »

deleting the BasicTools.ini in the Coridium folder of Application Data of HP_Owner -- [worked backwards ]
of my WindowsXP logon account --- CLEARED UP THE STOP/RESET POPUP !!!!
IT ALSo cleared the :
/////
Programming Flash 1114 Manual...
ARMbasic[9.34f] on the PC Copyright 2014, Coridium Corp.
*+*#+*#+*+
/// to the normal pattern

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

mbed, Teensy and probably others NOT built by Coridium do not have control of the RESET button from the serial port, so the serial control switches to manual mode where the user gets prompted to push the reset button and then click OK. You have 1 second to do it, that may seem short, but in our experience it seems like a long time.

The earlier BT would leave the control state as manual after connecting to one of these boards, and while most people probably aren't switching between board types that often it was something I noticed myself (who does switch a lot) and it was annoying, so BT now reverts control from manual mode when switching back to a Coridium made board

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 »

you may need to revisit this: I went from mbed to BasicChip and the <stop> isn't functioning - it does a Reset popup,
and keeps on ticking - have to close out the BT app
BT vers5.36 armbasic 9.34f kernel 8.34a on the ProStart board
it appears the ::
set ctlType 5
set cpuType 1768
in the BasicTools.INI file doesn't change to the new chip config (ie from mbed to Bchip)
** am I running old tools----BT vers5.36 armbasic 9.34f kernel 8.34a on the ProStart board ??????

basicchip

Post by basicchip »

I'll probably be chasing various scenarios for switching board types with BT forever. Just so many combinations possible, and in reality very few people are doing this.

But I have eliminated a lot of the STOP button executions that occur without informing the user to make sure the board is in sync with the PC. These just can't be done with mbed or Teensy, so the user has to be better behaved. What that means is trying to compile a new program when the old one is running, will not work. And sometimes you may just need to exit the program and start over.

In any case a new version of BASICtools is available for download that makes mbed loading smoother.

www.coridium.us/files/setupBASIC.exe