where to find C examples

Questions about the BASICtools and MakeItC
newton

where to find C examples

Post by newton »

./hello

i was looking through the installed files for Coridium's little IDE and can't really locate a basic C example

eg for blinking or a counter... anyone have any? preferably hosted somewhere like github or bitbucket

so i dont download scary files from scary strangers

END

basicchip

Re: where to find C examples

Post by basicchip »

If you ran setupC.exe it would install not only the tools, but also Csample which has a blinky function. That installer sets up MakeItC, which should have Csample.c as one for the files last loaded.

We publish code for the CPUs that we have ported code to, and that list is getting quite long. And we really don't publish example code for all the peripherals, just the ones that we have used. For more specific examples in C take a look at lpcware.com

We aren't really all that scary, and we don't install malware or viruses. Actually we normally get about 200-300 downloads of C tools each month, but something has goosed that up to over 4000 so far this month, and we aren't really sure where that increase is coming from.

MakeItC is mostly compatible with Keil example versions (main differences in the ASM portions), and it should also do most LPCxpresso examples.

newton

Post by newton »

thank you basicchip, i found the Csample.c file soon after I posted my question. silly me !

i'll take a look at lpcware.com, appreciate the suggestion

END

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 »

I've joined mbed.org - developer side. There is a wide range of user submitted programs [some do have errors in them - many are
updated by community/creator input]. I am not sure of 'copying' them - mbed itself is Apache-style GPL'd. Not sure of the details
at this point.