MakeItC - missing crt0.S

Questions about the BASICtools and MakeItC
olzeke51

MakeItC - missing crt0.S

Post by olzeke51 »

MakeItC IDE (11.02) using arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe (GCC) 4.6.2
I was trying to get into C programming the ARM and since I had an extra BASICchip.....
anyway - under extra options --crt0.S was listed but during the compilation it can't be found.
'
\Windows search couldn't find it. I had BasicBoard selected, with Pre-CMSIS selected.
'
I realize from the forum comments that the BasicChip is not supported fully. I've made some changes
to some of the xxx.h & xxx.c files -- no problem. It's a different world than BASIC !!!!
'
Thanx for your attention,
Gary Z aka. olzeke51

basicchip

Re: MakeItC - missing crt0.S

Post by basicchip »

Don't go back to pre-CMSIS code and expect anything to work without a lot of effort. It was a huge effort to conform to CMSIS, just to have NXP change their interfaces about 6 weeks later so we don't worry about their interfaces much anymore. But we do try to maintain internal consistency. For Csample.c I had to change an #ifdef from LPC111x to LPC1114 in coridium_pcb.h and remove the final parameter from calls to WriteFlash to conform to our latest flash.h and flash.c

With that it compiles.

olzeke51

Re: MakeItC - missing crt0.S

Post by olzeke51 »

using the CMSIS worked better, though I still had to manually edit several xxx.h files for LPC111x to LPC1114
the command line options listed in the error reports have -DLPC1114 -DTHUMB -DBB ;
I tried putting -DLPC111x in the MakeItC.ini file but it didn't do anything for me on a restart.
I downloaded the most recent setupC.exe and put it in its own folder BTW.
'
Thanks, Gary Z